New Market Presbyterian Church is located in the heart of historic New Market, Alabama. For 130 years, our has spread the Word of Jesus Christ to the surrounding community.
The National Register of Historic Places plaque in front of our Sanctuary reads: “Mary Miller deeded land in 1849 to serve both Methodist and Cumberland Presbyterian congregations. The original building burned and the Methodists in 1882 sold their interest in a second building. This second church destroyed by a tornado in 1884. Present building erected in 1888. In 1906 the Cumberland Presbyterians left to form a new church, and the remaining members affiliated with the First Presbyterian Church, USA.”
New Market Presbyterian Church was placed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1988.